Immune Boosting Butternut Squash Soup
Warming & Nutritious Lunch/Dinner Recipe
As the weather gets colder, it's time to switch over to winter veg- Butternut squash being one of our absolute favourites. This recipes is so easy to make and a bowl of this soup is sure to warm your soul and nourish your body🧡 It's got your day's vitamins A & C, much needed for the cold season.
Give this recipe a go and don't forget to tag us in your creations @smoovblends so we can proudly share your creations on our social and website!
INGREDIENTS | 2 Small Servings (Or 1 large serving)
Total Time: 20 minutes
🎃 600 g (roughly 1/2) butternut squash - Unpeeled weight
🧅 0.5 onion
🧄 1 large garlic clove
💦 1.5 broth (Can use chicken or vegetable broth)
💦 0.5 - 1 cup water (Depending on the consistency you prefer)
🌿 1 tsp green blend
☀️ 1 tsp golden blend
🧂 Salt + Pepper (To taste)
🥛 1/4 cup cream or milk or plant milk
1. Cut the squash into half and then long slices. Cut the skin off and scrape seeds out. Check out the video below. Then cut the slices into 2 inch cubes.
2. Over med-high heat, place the pumpkin, onion, garlic, broth and water in a pot. The liquid won't quite cover all the ingredients. Bring to a boil, uncovered, then reduce heat and let simmer rapidly until pumpkin is tender (check with knife). It should take about 10 minutes.
3. Remove pot from heat. Use a stick blender to blend until smooth. If you want to use a regular blender (like we did), make sure the mixture is cooled for 5-10 minutes first. *Hot stuff in a sealed blender = explosion*
4. Pour mixture back into the pot and season to taste with salt, pepper and the cream. Don't boil the soup after adding cream, as the cream will split.
5. Ladle soup into bowls, drizzle with more cream, sprinkle with black or cayenne pepper and garnish with cilantro, if desired. Serve with bread or enjoy on it's own!
1. Cream, butter and/or milk adds a nice richness to this soup, but it still tastes great without it.
2. Recipe variations: This recipe will have you coming back for more, so here are some simple suggestions for varying this already yummy recipe!
🍛 Curried Turmeric: Stir in 1/2 tsp each ground turmeric, coriander and 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper.
🌶️ Lightly Spiced : Stir in 1/4 tsp each cumin, coriander and smoked paprika.
💛 Ginger: Saute 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger in 1/2 tbsp oil or butter, then proceed with recipe (i.e. Add squash, onion, garlic , broth and water).
Life's too short to eat boring foods, but also not long enough to just eat junk. And if you think eating healthy is boring or hard, look again! Our superfood blends are made with vibrant and functional superfoods- packed with nutrients making it the most satisfying way to eat healthy with just a spoonful!
You are one click away from making fun & healthy creations with your family.
So... what's stopping you? SHOP BELOW
Subscribe to make healthy REALLY fun & easy!
Special Offers, Recipes, Books...
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL!
Tag us @smoovblends in all your creations to get featured on our social and website/blog!