Tie Dye Pancakes
A Vibrant & Nutritious weekend Breakfast
Superfoods aren't just for nutrition, they are the safer alternative to food colouring. Use Smoov blends to add some colour to your recipes. For this one, we used our berry exotic and wave blends to create these mesmerizing tie dye pancakes.
Get the recipe below for the pancakes and start creating, don’t forget to tag @smoovblends so we can feature your amazing creations on our stories and feed.
Our berry exotic blend has 8 antioxidant-rich superfoods, 7 of which are some of the world's most nutritious berries. Acai berry, Maqui berry, Red & Black Goji berry, Camu Camu berry, Blueberry, Blackberry & Lucuma.
Our wave blend has 6 powerful antioxidant and vitamin B rich foods for a refreshing way to enhance energy levels, improve immunity and digestion.
Sustainably sourced, our blends are certified organic and plant-based making it vegan friendly with no added sugar!
INGREDIENTS | 16 SQUARE PANCAKES | PLANT-BASED
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
○ 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal mixed with 3 tbsp water)
○ 1 small to medium banana
○ 2 cups whole wheat flour
○ 2 tsp cinnamon
○ 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
○ 1/4 tsp vanilla bean paste
○ 2 tbsp maple syrup (plus more for serving)
○ 1 1/2 cups plant based milk
○ 3/4 cup water
○ 1/2 cup raspberries (feel free to use any berry of choice fresh or frozen)
○ Pinch of salt
○ 1 tsp Wave Blend 🥄
○ 1 tsp Exotic Blend 🥄
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper then set aside.
2. In a small bowl add flax meal and water together to create the flax egg; whisk together and let sit until it thickens (10-15 minutes). Prepare Wave and Exotic colours by mixing 1 tablespoon of maple syrup with 1 teaspoon of each blend and whisk until combined, set aside.
3. In a medium bowl add the flour, baking powder, salt, and spices then mix until they are combined, set aside.
4. Peel and mash the banana with a fork in a bowl then add the plant based milk and vanilla to the mixture.
5. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture then add the prepared flax egg to the bowl and add the water then whisk until you get a pancake batter consistency then let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
6. Pour the batter directly onto the lined baking sheet then spoon over the smoov blends you made earlier in any kind of pattern you like once they are all used up, use a toothpick or a knife and swirl the blends in a circular motion through the better to create a tie dye effect.
7. Place the pan in the oven on the middle rack and cook for 5 minutes. After the five minutes are done add the raspberries (or frozen fruit) and press them gently into the batter.
8. Place the pan back in the oven and cook for an additional 12-15 minutes, you can test if the pancakes are done by using the “toothpick test” stick a cake tester, toothpick, knife, or bamboo skewer in the middle of the pancakes and if it comes out clean they are done. Cook until they are just golden.
9. Serve with extra berries and maple syrup or chocolate sauce
Life's too short to eat boring foods, but also not long enough to just eat junk. And if you think eating healthy is boring or hard, look again! Our superfood blends are made with vibrant and functional superfoods- packed with nutrients making it the most satisfying way to eat healthy with just a spoonful!
You are one click away from making fun & healthy creations with your family.
So... what's stopping you? SHOP BELOW
Subscribe to make healthy REALLY fun & easy!
Special Offers, Recipes, Books...
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL!
Tag us @smoovblends in all your creations to get featured on our social and website/blog!