BUTTERNUT SQUASH PUDDING
A healthy & ENERGIZING little DESSERT
If you want the smoov-est, silkiest, creamiest pudding ever this is the recipe you need to try. Packed with nutrients for immunity and energy, this recipe has rich maple and cinnamon notes combined with the maca, lucuma, and goji berry flavours from the Golden Blend and the Fuel Blend. This amazing recipe was created by @thedexterousvegan
Go ahead it’s time to fall in love with pudding again and whip up this scrumptious, nutritious and flavourful dessert. Get the recipe below and don’t forget to tag @smoovblends if you make this or any recipes on the blog so we can feature it on our stories and feed.
Our fuel blend is made with 5 naturally energizing foods and has the same amount of caffeine as a cup of coffee in every spoonful.
Sustainably sourced, our blends are all organic, plant-based making it vegan friendly with no added sugar!
INGREDIENTS | 4 SERVINGS | PLANT-BASED
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes (with baking)
○ 1 small to medium butternut squash
○ 1/4 tsp nutmeg
○1/2 tsp cinnamon
○4 tbsp maple syrup
○1 tsp golden Blend 🥄
○1/2 tsp fuel Blend 🥄
○1/2 cup coconut cream (cream that rises to top of the can)
○1/2 cup + 2 tbsp coconut milk (from the can)
○1/4 tsp vanilla bean paste
○ 1/4 tsp of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and prepare the squash by cutting it in half, then scoop the seeds and stringy bits and set them aside to roast or use in another recipe.
2. Place the butternut squash halves on a baking tray or in a baking dish with the cut side facing up. Brush each halve with 1/2 tablespoon of maple syrup then set aside the rest of the maple syrup for the pudding. Sprinkle the spices evenly across the butternut squash and hit it with a 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
3. Place the baking dish in the oven and roast the butternut squash for approximately 45 minutes or until soft and fork tender.
3. Remove from the oven and let it cool before you scoop out the flesh from the skin. You will need to have 1 cup of roasted butternut squash for the pudding, so feel free to use the rest in a soup or toss it into a smoothie.
4. Add the 1 cup of roasted butternut squash plus the remaining ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth, you may have to stop and scrape down the sides of the blender with a spatula a few times.
5. Scoop into a bowl or jar then top with chopped hazelnuts and walnuts or some pomegranate arils.
Life's too short to eat boring foods, but also not long enough to just eat junk. And if you think eating healthy is boring or hard, look again! Our superfood blends are made with vibrant and functional superfoods- packed with nutrients making it the most satisfying way to eat healthy with just a spoonful!
You are one click away from making fun & healthy creations with your family.
So... what's stopping you? SHOP BELOW
Subscribe to make healthy REALLY fun & easy!
Special Offers, Recipes, Books...
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL!
Tag us @smoovblends in all your creations to get featured on our social and website/blog!